Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Event of the Month

OK, so it's been a little while since my last post, but I'm sure you'll agree that the news I have for you is well worth the wait.
Sunday the 21st November, the South Perth Civic Centre (and what a marvellous, state-of-the-art entertainment complex it is) will be hosting the, wait for it-- not only the Perth Accordion Orchestra, but also the West Australian Mandolin Orchestra! Hoo-war!
Polka! Waltz! Tango! Habanera! (Whatever that is - could be some kind of sausage for all I know.) Yes folks, it will be all happening, right here in South Perth. Book your tickets early to avoid the bitter taste of disappointment (A$15/K$10/F$40).
I guess the accordion-thumping folks have more chapters than the mandolin-weilders, and can only fit their Perth followers onto the stage. Hmm. Now, let it not be said that I am making fun of these fine artistes - far from it. It's just that I have a prior engagement to have my cat's toenails waxed, and sadly will not be able to make it. You go though, and tell me what it was like.
Now, if the Banjo Quartet was appearing also, I'd be there like a shot...

No comments: